No School Monday
Art 1 –
Positive/Negative Face – Due at the end of class Wednesday.
* Students will draw a profile of a face on the right side of their paper and then they will draw a profile on the left side of their paper.
* They will then connect the two profiles and create a vase.
* Next, students will draw different types of shapes, lines, patterns, etc. in the positive part of the vase. To create a unique design.
* They will need to fill in their designs with a sharpie.
* Once all sharpie and color is added they need to cut out the profile vase leaving on the negative vase shape.
Need Composition Book
* Art Element and Principle Vocabulary
Worksheet for composition book – Combination of Art Elements and principal drawings
* Blind Contour/Contour Drawings of their hand and shoe
*Students will first work on a blind contour (they will place a hole in the center of a scratch sheet of paper and then place that sheet of paper on a pencil.)
*This will not allow the student to look at what they are drawing
* Contour drawings are an excellent way to train the eye to draw what they really see rather than what they think is there.
*Students will pick a point on their hand and slowly journey around the contour or edge (blind contour)
*Remember when the eye begins to move so should the pencil. Do not pick up your pencil. Do not panic if your drawing of your ha d looks more like a squashed beetle.
Value Project – Due end of class Thursday
*students will draw their arm an hand on a sheet of paper.
* inside the hand will be filled with at least 20 different sentences about themselves. These will be done in sharpie
*on the outside they can draw different images. The images will be different things about themselves and will be done in pencil using the different values they learned.
WHAT’S YOUR SIGN
*SIGN LANGUAGE PROJECT
*Students will choose a word that means something to them
*They will turn that word into me (somethings that describes them or means something to them
*Students will then be given a sign language chart
*They will illustrate the word they have chosen in sign language in their drawing
*Students must include the wrist and as much of the arm as they want. Each hand must come off the edge of the paper.
*Once they have drawn each of their letters in sign language, they next need to create a background
*the background can be abstract or relevant to their word.
Puzzle Art Installation Collaboration – Due end of class Tuesday
*Students will sketch out their design on their sheet of paper. They can make their puzzle piece any way or about anything you want.
Once designed they will cut their puzzle piece out of foam board.
They can collage, paint, draw, etc
Once all pieces are completed we will connect the puzzles pieces
Art Journal Techniques
* We will go thru several step by step techniques for them to use in their art journals.
Self Reflection Silhouette
You will first prime your canvas cloth
Next pick our your favorite color and paint the whole image.
Cut out your silhouette
Now start adding your images
* A portion of your favorite painting by your favorite artist
* Your favorite quote
*A lyric from your favorite song
* An image symbolizing your favorite season
*An image from your favorite movie
* Something you fear
*An image from a dream you’ve had
*A symbol that represents your personality
* are you a rope or chain
*Take the shape test and include your shape within your design
*Draw something about your family
* Add embellishments
Working on their art works for Art Symposium
Supplies: markers, pencils, tape, paper, value pencils, drawing paper, ink pad, examples, foamboard, paint, canvas cloth, sign language charts, vocabulary words, etc
Modifications: Extended time for completion of assignment
Teks: 1.b, 2.b, 2.c, 3.c